Tuesday 1 January 2008

The Man with a Horse Magnet in his Bum!

Here's hubby working on Louie. I swear the man has a horse magnet in his bum! He assures me that he used to, it's nowhere near as good now as it used to be LOL! I have a few small videos of him doing groundwork and a very little riding, I'll try and get them uploaded to youtube so you can see him in action! I think he's just gorgeous ;) Hubby and the horse ROFL!

He's started him reasonably calmly like I asked, there were a few battles of wills along the way as there always are. Louie's not a young horse, he's big and strong, he's had to be very careful to make sure he's not going to run over the top of me, as he's always been prone to a bit of pushing people around, Kim noticed it when he was a tiny foal even.

He's going really well under (treeless) saddle. I also bought a bitless bridle but got the wrong size, and by the time the right one came, hubby had already had his operation so riding is out of the question for now. I don't have the skill to get him accustomed to it...it kind of felt like trying to learn to drive a car on those stupid Playstation machines, when I grew up playing Outrunner on Sega LOL! I'm certain that once hubby is up and riding, it will be a great success though :) Or maybe I'll try it on one of the other horses if I ever get the energy, right now I'm flat out getting even some of the work that Louie needs done *sigh*

It's cold and wet here, yesterday was filthy, blowing a gale and sideways rain, I didn't even attempt to ride. I went out in hubby's wet weather gear to feed the calf and check a trough, Louie thought the swish-swish of the WWG was a bit scary and that I might eat him up LOL! We had a bit of a 'chat' about it and I rubbed him over so he could see it was just 'clothes'.

Better get out there, it's not raining right now but it looks like it could come in filthy again soon...oh well, even if it's not really raining, at least it's not drying out like it was a few days ago. I have to try and get some mowing done today too - thank heavens for ride-ons!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: